Food-Grade Powder Coats
When you're processing food, you need a USDA- and FDA-approved powder coating that's suitable for food as well as machinery and parts. Food processing requires protective powder coating layers that effectively prevent food from becoming contaminated by the equipment while also keeping equipment protected against the corrosion and abrasion potential of food products. Food-grade powder coatings have the following features and benefits:
- Nonstick capabilities
- Corrosion and wear resistance
- Nonporous, mold-resistant surfaces
- Resistance to water, oil, fat, and steam
- High resistance to high and low temperatures
Food-grade powder coatings help reduce machine downtime by reducing the frequency of required large-scale equipment cleanings. With the right food-grade powder coating, your business can achieve uninterrupted and consistent food production at your plant.
Applications of Powder Coating in the Food Processing Industry
Powder coating is useful for every stage in food processing, from handling to cooking to storage and packaging. Food-grade powder coating can be used on the following pieces of machinery and equipment:
- Dough knives and hoppers: Prevent sticky dough from clogging equipment and improve production efficiency with nonstick food-grade powder coatings.
- Extrusion equipment: Powder coatings on extrusion equipment keep food from sticking to the inside of the apparatus and allow for faster and easier extrusion.
- Guillotine blades: Knives and blades require nonstick powder coatings that let food slide off the blade and continue on the belt.
- Pneumatic cylinders: Powder coatings prevent acidic and alkaline food products and corrosive washdowns from threatening the integrity of cylinders.
Types of Food Processing Equipment Powder Coatings
Advanced Coating Technology offers proven food-grade powder coating for food processing technology. We provide the following powder coatings:
- Fluoropolymer:A corrosion-resistant powder coating that acts as nonstick insulation and prevents wear caused by acidic ingredients.
- PFA: A temperature-resistant nonstick surface that's ideal for cooking and food processing equipment.
- PTFE: Out of all fluoropolymers, PTFE can withstand the highest temperatures while still offering a nonstick cooking surface.
Keep Your Food Processing Facility Clean With Advanced Coating Technology
Advanced Coating Technology has more than 40 years of experience in pretreating and coating machinery and equipment for the food processing industry. From powder coatings to liquid paint to ceramic metallics, we have resilient industrial-strength coatings that will keep your facility running smoothly for years to come. Contact us online to learn more about our food-grade powder coating solutions and find the right coating for your food processing facility today.