ACT applies both powdered plastic coating (powder coat) and paint (liquid).
We have slightly more than 1/4 mile of conveyor (total).
View our capabilities (on this page) to learn more.
We'll apply your specified finish system or assist in developing and specifying a coating system that meets your cosmetic and performance requirements.
The proper substrate preparation is critical to any finishing method. Our experience with a large variety of fabrications, extrusions, machined, stamped, and cast parts has taught us a great deal about processing lubricants and methods for removal to assure a clean surface.
1. Hot alkaline cleaning or 5 stage clean and pretreat
2. Grit, shot, and bead blasting
3. Masking - after we've properly cleaned and pretreated your part we'll perform needed masking - even the complex stuff
4. Well designed racks or fixtures can impact both the quality and efficiency of the coating process. We buy or build based on the complexity of the fixture..
Epoxy, polyester, and urethane, hybrid thermosets as well as nylon and vinyl thermoplastics. Textures, wrinkles, hammertones, matte or gloss, and color matched to RAL, PANTONE (PMS), FED-STD-595, or your custom color.
Contact us to determine if our coating and process meets your UL, FDA, USDA, NSF, AWWA, MIL SPEC, RoHS, or other requirement.
1. Electrostatic spray
2. Fluidized bed
Our "wet" paint shop specializes in MIL-SPEC finish systems, dry film lubricants, fluoropolymer coatings including Xylan® and Dykor® conductive coatings offering EMI/RFI shielding, and a ceramic metallic (cermet) system that provides excellent corrosion resistance at temperatures up to 1200°F. We primarily apply the cermet system to OE motorcycle exhaust components.
We can perform extensive masking before applying paint
1. Four separate painting lines with up to 160 feet of conveyor in each
2. Electrostatic and HVLP manual spray application
3. Ideal part size up to 24 x 66 x 24" but contact us to discuss your max part size
4. Gas and electric cure ovens with calibrated temperature accuracy and uniformity
5. Robotic application of liquid coating in a dedicated room with conveyor, spray booth, electric oven, and make up air system controlling temperature and humidity.
Dykor and Xylan are registered trademarks of Whitford Corporation
We have a number of ovens, both electric and gas fired, to dry and cure coated parts.
All are routinely checked for temperature accuracy and uniformity - and at temps up to 650F.
Two ovens utilize PLCs to provide control and repeatability of specific cure cycles.
We can monitor, record, and supply objective evidence of cure temperature and time.
All ovens were built for us and to our specifications. With ovens ranging in size from 48 x 48 x 72" to 3 x 5 x 150' we can correctly and efficiently cure your parts.
We serve as either a Tier I or Tier II, whichever best fits your system and needs. We use your EDI system to plan, schedule, manage our materials, and ship finished goods.
Bar code, cycle counts, and special packaging are among the services we provide.
Our focus is on in process quality control, and from the moment your parts hit our dock. We'll not only monitor the quality of our process, we can work with your guidelines to identify and segregate non conforming parts.
Our current Quality System meets MIL-I-45208. We maintain inspection equipment to monitor coating thickness, gloss, adhesion, surface roughness, proper cure, oven accuracy, and condition of cleaning and pretreatment chemistry.
We use accredited labs for the testing we can't perform in house - including salt spray to ASTM B117.
We can follow your quality specs and inspection plan or work with you to develop a plan that assures coated parts that meet or exceed your expectations.
Quality at ACT includes proper documentation, labeling, packaging to protect coated or delicate surfaces, shipping on your specified carrier. And, we'll accurately handle your drop ship, bar code, and EDI requirements.